Thursday, October 8, 2015

Packed Lunch (Baon) a way I save


I bring baon (packed lunch) to the office - instead of buying food from the cafeteria or pantry, what I do is bring food from home. Reasons and tips why I bring baon:
  1. We think that it's cheap to eat in the local cafeteria and the cost/benefit (hassle of cooking) of bringing food and buying from the cafeteria is slim. BUT! It is not! Believe me, bringing food from home saves a lot of money because, you will not have to physically shell out money in the cafeteria where additional food costs additional money. Come to think of it, I you have packed lunch you will have to finish it because it will be a waste if you do not! But if you go to the cafeteria for your lunch, you will have to bring out money from your pocket to buy whatever food you want. Just the mere act of not getting money from your pocket is already a saving technique!
  2. Bring dinner's leftover for your packed lunch. This is what I actually do. I cook more for my dinner so that the extra will be my lunch the following day! This saves me from buying from the cafeteria, and saves me cost in the actual cooking.
  3. Buy from your "cheaper" store. I used to shop from SM supermarket/Savemore, but after comparing the prices from there to Puregold/Palengke, there's still money to be saved. So all my groceries are coming from Puregold/Palengke now.
  4. Buy in not so bulk. Of course you would want to save from saving yourself the cost of going back and forth to the grocery but you also want your food to be fresh. So I would suggest that you buy food good for a maximum of two weeks. Anything more than that will already but too frozen (unfresh).
And so, those are the things I do for my baon, I hope you would try bringing your own food too and start to save money!

No comments:

Post a Comment