Monday, June 15, 2015

Updates

Hello!!!

For anyone who has been reading or is just starting to read my blog, evidently I have not been around much. I have been busy with my new work, and well, life itself. The first time I started to blog, I thought, I can do this easily, write this, and write that, but the truth is that it's hard to keep on writing about one focused topic, and in this case, personal finance.
It's not that I am not interested in writing about it anymore, it's just that I got caught up with other things. So here's a brief update on my side and my journey to financial freedom:

I have successfully finished paying off my credit card debts. It has been a tough six months of 2015 because majority of my cash went to the credit card companies. I have learned my lesson and I am glad to report that I have never used my credit card even once from the start of this year.
The secret to not using it? I cut them off!!! It's as simple as that, cut the evil credit cards, and throw them away, then proceed to paying off your balances. Make sure to pay amounts at least 100% more than the minimum balance required!

Bike to work plan - this has been put to rest as I was diagnosed with herniated disc on my lower back. This means no intense workouts and activities. The bike to work program I initiated lasted for about 2 months, and although I did save some money from not paying for gas and parking fees, I think I
spent a lot on food because of the hunger I felt after biking. Haha!

I am almost five years now in my current company and have been promoted four times, I computed my salary from when I started and it seems that after five years, I have almost doubled my salary amount. I am not sure as to what is the going rate for salary increase but mine seems to be okay. Opinions please?

As of now, this is my only update. I hope to write more frequently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment